Host a Food Drive!
Feeding Medina County relies on support from the community to help collect food to support our programs. Hosting a food drive can be easy and fun!
Encourage your friends, family, company, church, school or neighborhood to get involved and participate. Use the information below to ensure a successful food drive.
How to Host a Food Drive
- Register your food drive with us so we can help you promote it.
- Please note we would appreciate your effort in not accepting expired or dented food items. We will not give out expired food.
- Promote your food drive using emails, Facebook, MedinaCountyEvents.com, websites, and flyers.
- Deliver your food to Feeding Medina County at 901 W. Lafayette Rd. If you are unable to drop off your food, contact us at 330-421-4816 so we can arrange to pick it up. Please give us 24 hours notice for a pick-up or drop-off.
What to Donate
Nutritious, non-perishable foods! Here's what is needed most:
- Protein: spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, lasagna, stews, soups, tuna, peanut butter, etc. (pop-top items and microwavable cups preferred)
- Canned vegetables
- Grains: cereal, rice, pasta, dried beans
- Fruits: canned fruit, fruit cups, dried fruit (raisins, cranberries), applesauce, 100% juice, juice boxes
- Kid-friendly items: granola bars, popcorn, graham crackers, animal crackers, fat-free/sugar-free pudding cups
- Hygiene items: toothpaste, feminine products, shaving items, hand sanitizer, soap, etc.
- Paper products: toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
Ideas and Themes
Pass out grocery bags to your co-workers and have Macaroni Mondays, Tuna Tuesdays, or Peanut Butter Week to encourage donations of high protein foods.
Have a competition between departments such as building structures out of cans.
Consider challenges such as raising your weight in food or filling the CEO's office with cans.
Offer raffle prizes for donations such as a paid vacation day, event tickets, books or artwork.
Host a neighborhood yard sale that benefits the Food Bank, offer discounts for donated cans.
Host a party for friends where door prizes would be given for cans of food.
Ask guests to bring cans of food at your events such as BBQ's or dinner parties.
Collect cans of food at Halloween instead of candy.
You may use our Feeding Medina County Logo if you register your food drive with us.
Here's a printable list of most needed food items.