Food Donations & Drives
Host a Food Drive!
Feeding Medina County relies on support from the community to help collect food to support our programs. Hosting a food drive can be easy and fun! Encourage your friends, family, company, church, school or neighborhood to get involved and participate. Use the information below to ensure a successful food drive.
How to Host a Food Drive
- Register your food drive with us so we can help you promote it.
- Please note we would appreciate your effort in not accepting expired or dented food items. We will not give out expired food.
- Promote your food drive using emails, Facebook, Twitter, MedinaCountyEvents.com, websites, and flyers.
- Deliver your food to Feeding Medina County at 901 W. Lafayette Rd. Donations are accepted M-F from 8:00am - 3:00pm.
What to Donate
Nutritious, non-perishable foods! Here's what is needed most:
- Protein: spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, beefaroni, stews, soups, tuna, chicken, peanut butter (1 lb plastic jars) (pop-top items and microwavable cups preferred)
- Canned vegetables: corn, peas, carrots, green beans, canned beans, pasta sauce (plastic jars or canned preferred), etc.
- Grains: boxed cereal (whole grain, individual, 12 oz or smaller), oatmeal, rice, pasta, macaroni & cheese, crackers
- Fruits: canned fruit, fruit cups, dried, boxed fruit (raisins, plums, cranberries), applesauce cups, 100% juice boxes
- Kid-friendly items: peanut butter (1 lb plastic jars), squeezable jars of jelly, granola bars, popcorn, graham/animal crackers, fat-free/sugar-free pudding cups, individually packaged treats (rice krispie treats, fruit snacks, etc.)
Please DO NOT donate expired or high sodium/sugary items. Please No Glass. Items that are individually packaged or smaller than 18 oz work best for us.
Ideas and Themes
Pass out grocery bags to your co-workers and have Macaroni Mondays, Tuna Tuesdays, or Peanut Butter Week to encourage donations of high protein foods.
Have a competition between departments such as building structures out of cans.
Consider challenges such as raising your weight in food or filling the CEO's office with cans.
Offer raffle prizes for donations such as a paid vacation day, event tickets, books, artwork, gift cards, etc.
Host a neighborhood yard sale that benefits Feeding Medina County; offer discounts for donated cans.
Host a party for friends where door prizes would be given for cans of food.
Ask guests to bring cans of food to your events such as BBQ's or dinner parties.
Collect cans of food at Halloween instead of candy.
You may use our Feeding Medina County Logo if you register your food drive with us. When registering with us, we will provide you with a list of food items that we need.
You can give without risk of liability under the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act. Click here to read more about the Act.